Sunday, May 3, 2009

Things are Better

Sorry, like always, I've been really busy and haven't had time to blog. Since the bad week of my life, things have gotten better. I am still working with AFTRA to see if production will pay for my stolen laptop. I haven't done anything for Little i since they laid me off, but I will wait and see. I will let them contact me when they need.

Around the middle of April we noticed that a duplex next to ours was for rent, which got us thinking that we wanted to change apartments. We started browsing on Craigslist and WestSideRentals to see what was out there. I found a few places here and there. We were hoping for something bigger, not by the freeway, and preferably closer to Cal State. We looked at a few places but were never blown away. They all had their pros and cons.

A few times we drove around areas of the city that we might want to live to see if there were any For Rent signs on the yards. As we were driving, we found this really nice residental area by Cal State that was away from the freeway and was a very nice neighborhood. Unfortunately we didn't see any signs of rentals.

And then one day I found it. I was searching on WestSideRentals and found a duplex just a mile away from Cal State in that exact area we had been driving through that I mentioned in the previous paragraph. I drove by just to check out the outside of the apartment. It was very cute, tucked back away from the road.

I called the landlord that night, which was this older woman who loved to talk. I arranged to view the apartment in a few days because the carpets were being cleaned the next day. Dave and I decided to go that morning anyways so he could see the outside and the carpet cleaners were there, as well as Vivian. She gave us a tour of the apartment and we fell in love right away. We filled out the application right there and gave her the money to do a credit check. She said she would run it tin the afternoon and call us later that night. She called around 8:30pm saying we could have the apartment. We were so happy.

That weekend we packed up everything and began the move. We moved all the little things on Friday and Saturday and then finished up on Sunday by renting a Uhaul and moving the larger things.

Pictures of our awesome new apartment:





3 comments:

Janelle said...

love the gnome. and the window from kitchen to living room. Do you ever play drive thru at that window?
I think they created those for busy kitchen mothers to spy on their troublemaking kids playing in the livingroom. my mom always wanted one of those.

Christian and Erika said...

cute new place! can't wait for your party! :) and yeah, the gnome is just about the most amazing thing ever.
p.s. love your background!

Christian and Erika said...
This comment has been removed by the author.