Sunday, May 17, 2009

Birthday Bash

I took advantage of the new Disneyland offer which gives you free admission on your birthday. It is only good for the day of your birthday. My birthday was on a Saturday which was perfect. I went with my friend Becky. We met while doing background work together.

Becky arrived at
8am with an iced mocha frappuccino from Starbucks for me. How nice! The drive went fast. We got there in a half hour or so. We got a really good parking spot and took the little train to the gates. I was given a pin that said, "Happy Birthday Tara" and Becky got a pin that said "I'm Celebrating".

We first went to
Space Mountain and got a fast pass so we could come back to that later and hop right on. The first ride we went on was the Toy Story ride. It was probably my favorite because you get to shoot lazers at targets. An interactive ride. I totally dominated Becky. She had about 60,000 points and I got about 82,000. But we both only made it up to Level 3 in skill, which goes all the way up to Level 10.

From there we went on the
Matterhorn, the Teacups and It's a Small World After All. I kept thinking the song would end at some point, but it never did. It just kept going and going. But, they had a little Maori person with kiwi birds and pukekos so that makes up for it...a little bit.

Next up was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad,
Space Mountain and Star Tours. We were super hungry after all of that and got burgers and french fries at Tomorrowland Terrace.

Once our tummies were full we headed over to the Indiana Jones ride, but as we were waiting in line, we were told it had broken down so we left. From there we went to the Haunted House and last but not least, Pirates of the
Caribbean.

While walking back to the car, we stopped at an ice cream shop along
Main Street and shared a cup of Mint Chocolate Chip. Yum!



















I got home around 3:30 which gave me time to take a little nap before the party at our apartment. When I got home, I noticed a large spot on our dining room wall covered in newspapers. It was my birthday present! Dave had gone to Ikea and bought this picture that I had really been wanting. It was so sweet. And the picture looks so good.

Dave and I played some Dr. Mario before the guests arrived. The party was awesome! Dustin and Janelle brought rock band for us to play. We didn't have to worry about being too loud because the neighbors were gone. Instead of a cake we got these giant cupcakes from Costco and put candles on those. We still have some left.

We even had a hot dog eating contest. I think Dave won. The girls combined their totals together to claim that they won. Dave only at 6 hot dogs. He was pretty disappointed in himself. He thought he could eat a lot more than that. I guess he shouldn't have filled up on pizza, chips and cupcakes before.

It was a great birthday and I'm glad I could celebrate the day with so many of my friends.









































2 comments:

Janelle said...

ohhh boy. oops. don't let my mom see this post.

Jasmine said...

it was a blast! more parties!! can you send me those pics?