Saturday, November 3, 2007

Worship and Movies

I was asked if I would like to join one of the worship teams at church. Its nice to be involved in a church and meet more new people. We had practice on Thursday and sang this morning in church. I knew only one of the songs, but did my best to make it look otherwise. One of the songs was a really old hymn from the 1970's, so I wasn't the only one lost on that song. They also planned on singing the New Zealand national anthem, which had one verse in the Maori language. I sat that one out. I wasn't even going to tackle that.

In other news (that one's for you Sarah), I recently had an interview at the movie theater in town. I was starting to feel a little guilty for having so much free time. I saw an ad in the newspaper for a part time opening, so I sent in my resume. The interview went well and I was offered a job. I know the job is a little juvenile, but it's something to fill my time while Dave is at work. I'll work about 15 hours a week, two day shifts and one night shift. Free movies, yea!

1 comment:

sarah said...

oh my gosh. in other news... that made me smile to myself :) congrats on your movie theatre job!