Saturday, November 24, 2007

Afternoon Delight

After leading worship in church today and hearing a great testimony from a local woman, Dave and I headed over to Tony and Hayley's house for our regular small group. One quick thing first, in the woman's testimony she was telling us how her husband was in a motorcycle accident, put in intensive care and doctors said he might go into a vegetative state. One day out in the hallway she ran into a man whose fiance was also in intensive care. Long story short, I thought her story was going to be that her husband died and she married the man in the hallway. But eventually her husband survived and was ok, which is really good too. Anyways, every Sunday the young adults meet to have a nice little lunch and then have a Bible study-type meeting. Afterward, a few of us went to "the waterfall". It was about a 15 minute drive from town. They kept saying how cold the water was going to be and that it wasn't that big of a waterfall. But it was great! The waterfall seemed huge and the water was incredibly refreshing on such a warm day.
The Waterfall.
Dave trying to swim under the waterfall.
That's me jumping off the rocks.
That's Dave jumping off from a higher point of the rocks.
Dave and I are sitting in the little cave area. After the waterfall we went to the beach to see the big waves and enjoy more of the sun.
People hanging out on the beach. See the little boy with the blue boogie board? About two seconds after I took this picture he ran to his mommy, stripped off his undies, and went running back into the water naked. Silly little boy.
A warm, sunny day for lots of beach goers.
Dave about to get crushed by a wave.
Oh no!
Help me! I went out there with him for a little bit, but after the third big wave where Dave fell on top of me in the water, I was out of there!
I decided to bask in the sun instead.

No comments: