Friday, August 31, 2007

Day 4

It was our first night sleeping in our new apartment. The bed was amazingly soft and warm. We slept great.

That morning we went to a small shopping area in Welcome Bay and bought this pot pie type pastry filled with bacon and eggs. It was delicious. We looked at a couple shops such as the video store, stationary and general store.

We drove to the Tauranga city center to check our email. Dave checked his email while I walked around town. I found a fun restaurant with some type of Asian food that I made a note to try out some time. There was also a cinema with about eight old movies playing. I went back and sent a couple emails to family.

From there we stopped at a pet store. They didn’t have very much, just a couple dogs, turtles and fish. Then we went to the Salvation Army to look for hangers. I found about 15 free ones. Sweet. We then headed home.

I hung up the rest of my clothes and Dave had himself a sandwich. I made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and had a couple Swedish fish and Good n Plentys. Our fuse went out that morning so we didn’t have the television to watch so we played a couple games of Settlers. After Dave won one and I won one, Dave went to the Welcome Bay shopping center to pick up a paper. I cleanup the dishes and started watching tv when Dave came home. The greatest boyband/girlband countdown was on again, so I couldn’t resist watching that again. Dave read the paper. We made spaghetti that night and watched the rest of “Little Shop of Horrors.”

No comments: