Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Breaking Point

Guess what? IT happened. Back in October, during a rousing game of tennis, I was a little over-aggresive and stubbed my toe in the process. Since then I've been eagerly watching for the day of toenail removal. Tonight while watching "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" I suddenly hit my toe against the coffee table. As pain surged through my toe I took a closer look to discover that the impact had caused the toenail to loosen. I could now lift the top toenail layer and see the new nail underneath. I didn't even think there was a whole new toenail underneath yet. I waited until Dave came home from work and gave him the honor of ripping off the dead tissue. After a few hard tugs the nail was free. A new and very disgusting toenail is now visible. It has this weird ridge in the middle and a few crusties of dried blood. The tip of the nail is really soft and it's a lot smaller than my normal big toenail. I've been told it will grow back to it's normal size eventually. I'm hoping that's the case.

3 comments:

Becca M. said...

Yeah, I just couldn't bring myself to post a picture of my toe! :)

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem :(

Did it grow to its normal size, widthwise, yet?

Tara & Dave said...

It did finally grow back. I think it's a tiny bit smaller than before, but at least it's normal-looking now.