Saturday, October 1, 2011

I love Fall

My favorite online shopping website is modcloth.com. A few weeks ago I found this scarf:

It's so cute, but it costs a whopping $49.99! I would never spend that much money on a scarf. I took a good look at the pictures and thought, "Hmm, I could make this scarf myself." So I did.

















I went to JoAnn Fabrics and picked up gray wool yarn and a mustard yellow yarn for the flower. I started it last night. I found a video tutorial on YouTube that taught me how to crochet a flower, which was super easy and fun. I might have found a new hobby. Then I got to work on braiding the gray yarn. I quickly learned that braiding 30ft of yarn posed quite the challenge. It kept getting tangled every 30 seconds! About 2 hours of struggling and a night of sleep, I figured out how to make it a little easier. I balled up the ends of each braid strand to prevent tangling along the whole string. Here's the final product:



1 comment:

me said...

Way to go Tara! I love Mod Cloth too.

-Jasmine