Saturday, June 6, 2009

Parents Visit

My parents went on a really long road trip for about 2 weeks. I was their second to last stop before going home. They arrived around Thursday afternoon (May 28th). That night we - Dave, Me, Hamish, Erin, Teresa, and David - went out to eat at the California Pizza Kitchen. We ordered way too much food, but it was delicious.

On Friday morning I showed them our old apartment so they could understand how incredibly wonderful our new apartment is compared to our old place. From there we went to Dave's campus for a little tour of his lab.

Next up, the Santa Monica Pier. We walked along the pier for a while and then headed to the 3rd St. Promenade. I found a dress at Forever 21 and my mom found a couple t-shirts at Urban Outfitters. We headed home after that and stopped at Costco to buy steak and shrimps for dinner. Once again, we had way too much food, but it was really good.

In the morning I made swedish pancakes for breakfast and then they were off. A quick little visit but it was really nice to see them again.

No comments: