Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sewing Project #5

I started working on this dress while I was waiting for the buttons to my coat. It is a black, cotton, sweatshirt-type material. So it's very soft and warm. The picture makes my arms look a little funny, but that's because the dress has pockets on the sides.

I made the necklace as well. The silver hoop was a lonely earring I found at work, so I decided to make it into a necklace. I went to the local bead shop and bought a black bead, clasp, chain and a few other looptie things to complete it.


4 comments:

Kelly said...

that's a mega-big earring - nice necklace from it. and the dress looks cute and store-bought. you've got a gift with sewing :-) do you still do the stitching all by hand?

Tara & Dave said...

The earring originally didn't have the black bead in the middle. I added that. Crazy enough, I bought that same pair of earrings later on at a store cause I thought they were cute.

And yes, I still do everything by hand.

Kelly said...

wow - your hands must get stiff! that's amazing work :) thinking of getting a sewing machine once you move back?

Tara & Dave said...

I have one waiting at home for me. I can't wait.