Sunday, May 18, 2008

Tara's 25th

On May 16 I turned the big 25. That's right, I'm half way to 50 years old. Dave had planned a wonderful birthday for me, all a secret of course. I woke up around 10:30 to smell a yummy aroma in the air. He had got up early and made me breakfast. He would have served it to me in bed, but I woke up too soon. Shoot. I was just too excited to start my birthday. We had fruit-filled pancakes with homemade whipped cream. After breakfast I showered and was told we needed to leave the house at least by noon. We started driving east. My presents were in the back seat, which I was allowed to open on our way to the next destination. Dave had bought me a scarf and gloves. He remembered me telling him how cold I would get riding home on the scooter from work at night. (It's winter here now and it gets quite cold at night.) He also bought me some chocolates. He knows me well. They were gone in no time. One of his coworkers, Andy, bought me a cool hat. I always let them into the movies so he thought he should get me something for that. Our next stop was the Tarawera Falls. I know, funny name right?



This waterfall is really cool because instead of flowing over the top of a cliff, it comes from an underground river and rushes through holes on the side of the cliff.



I amazingly captured a picture of bigfoot in the Tarawera Forest. Let it be known, Bigfoot is alive and well in the small country of New Zealand...and fully clothed.

...that's right, that's my husband. What a goober.

...I guess I can't talk. What a nerd.


This was a really pretty river that was so incredibly clear and beautiful.

On our way home, this little guy was crossing the road at an incredibly slow rate.

I think this is the Tarawera volcano.

After the Tarawera Falls we went back home and changed into nice dress clothes and went out to eat at a restaurant called The Lobster along the sailboat harbor. We ordered an assorted bread tray with dips for an appetizer. I had the pork flintstone which had deep fried apples and potatoe mash. Dave had chicken on top of rice with fried mushrooms. They were both oh so tasty.

We opted for no dessert in order to get to the next event on our agenda. We went home and changed into regular clothes and started on another little drive. We ended up at the Oropi Spa Pools. Dave had reserved one of the private spa rooms for an hour for us. It was so nice. I had just said how cold I was when we had got in the car. It was relaxing and the perfect way to end my birthday.


Modeling of the gifts.

No comments: