Saturday, February 2, 2008

Surf's Up

Yesterday Dave and I went surfing for the first time in NZ. We rented a board from "Ministry of Surf," $15 for 2 hours. Dave took the board out first. Our camera died so I was only able to get one picture of Dave surfing and none of me. Dave had a hard time getting up on the board. He did stand up a couple times but then fell down right away. I was able to stand up and ride a few waves for a while. I think I had an advantage over him because of my skateboarding days. It was really fun and we'll definately be trying that again. Hopefully we can get some videos next time.


3 comments:

Kelly said...

surfing always has looked like a neat sport to try. :)

Becca M. said...

I just tried surfing this last week for the first time! I LOVED it! I even got all fancy and walked to the front of the board and back. :)

Man, our toes, our surfing, we are in sync half a world apart.

Jeffy said...

looks like you guys are having fun down there